News of Stocksbridge Community Care Group’s new community dementia provision contract from Sheffield City Council is featured in Look Local newspaper this week.
As is now the case for all areas of Sheffield (each delivered by a local community organisation), the dementia contract for Stocksbridge & Upper Don includes:
- providing dementia-specific local information, advice and guidance
- providing 6-monthly courtesy calls to people diagnosed with dementia
- running a community dementia grant pot for the area
- providing a specialist dementia activity (in SCCG’s case a more frequent Memory Time Café)
- providing dementia-friendly activities (in SCCG’s case a Musical Memories Community Tour)
Attached: Look Local article
Read the newspaper article: https://www.looklocal.org.uk/read-online/ (Issue 1081, Thur 03 Oct 2019, page 13).