Please note: this is one event, set in a number of different time zones.
About the Webinar: Alzheimers New Zealand asked Litmus to research what it is like to live with dementia. For the research, we talked to people with dementia, their care partners, and couples living with dementia. I want to share what I learned from listening to 49 New Zealanders living with dementia. These people generously shared the stories of their lives after receiving a dementia diagnosis, the support services they need, how they live meaningful lives, and the impact on their relationships.
In the webinar, Liz will share six findings from the research.She has chosen these findings as they made her reflect on my understanding of dementia and challenged my attitudes.
About our speaker: Liz is a co-founding partner of Litmus – a leading research, evaluation, and design agency in New Zealand. She says: I have a curious mind. I am a solution seeker. I never claim to know the ‘right’ answer, but I have the tools and expertise to find one. I am a champion for equitable health and disability services. I believe people’s stories matter. Understanding people’s lives are central to creating positive system and social change. I have led research into the lives of disabled people, people living with cancer, families with disabled children, people living remotely, and those living with addictions.
I am happiest when I step out of my comfort zone, and I am dealing with complex issues and working with multi-disciplinary teams. I have worked on some of the leading social issues facing New Zealand – bowel screening, cancer care, well child, and mental health and addictions.
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 (USA/CA/UK/EU)
- 11:30 am Honolulu
- 2:30 pm Pacific
- 3:30 pm Mountain
- 4:30 pm Central
- 5:30 pm Eastern
- 10:30 pm London/Glasgow/Dublin UK
- 11:30 pm Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, EU
Thursday, June 27, 2019 (AU/NZ/JP/SGP/TWN/CHN)
- 7:00 am Adelaide AU
- 7:30 am Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Tasmania AU
- 5:30 am Perth AU/Taipei//Beijing
- 9:30 am Auckland, NZ
The Webinar runs for 1.5 hours.
Check your time if not listed above by using this link:
COST TO ATTEND:
- DAI Members/Care partners: FREE
- Employed people: DONATIONS APPRECIATED
- Full time Students: DONATIONS APPRECIATED
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO DAI OR BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE OR PARTNER.
WITHOUT YOUR DONATIONS, DAI COULD NOT PROVIDE THE FREE SERVICES WE PROVIDE CURRENTLY FOR MEMBERS, THEIR FAMILIES & THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY.
- $US 5.00 covers the average cost of one of our monthly bank fees
- $US 60.00 covers the average of the cost of our monthly Zoom subscription fee
- $US 120.00 covers the average monthly cost of the MailChimp subscription
- $US 300.00 covers the current cost of 3 months of website management fees