Nominations for the National Diversity Awards 2019 are now open.
The 3 Nations Dementia Working Group have been nominated for the Community Organisation Award.
The 3 Nations Dementia Working Group are run by a Steering Group of 12 people living with Dementia supported by the Alzheimer’s Society and are a friendly group of people diagnosed with dementia who want to make a difference whilst they still can.
Who are they?
We are a small group with big ambitions and we hope to do the following:
- Bring the lived experience as experts with our personal knowledge of dementia that people value whether in a professional or non-professional capacity. As such our aim is to become the ‘go to’ group within the three nations (of England, Northern Ireland and Wales) for anyone seeking input from people with dementia.
- Continue to contribute to society, to give value, advice and information where required and requested.
- Help each other through mutual support, friendship and understanding.
- Help all those affected by dementia. We understand what you are dealing with.
- Help those who are trying to help us (such as policy makers, service providers, academics, researchers, businesses).
You can nominate here